For Employers: Diploma of Animation (Advanced)
Graduates of the Diploma of Animation (Advanced) are further prepared to work in industries where 3D computer animation is produced
Graduates are able to:
- Produce 3D models of various hard body and organic objects, from supplied model sheets.
- Design and produce a 3D model of a biped character, including IK rig and facial animation controls.
- Produce and apply textures to 3D models including use of UV and normal mapping techniques.
- Lighting and rendering of animated shots.
- Produce character animation using a variety of rigs.
- Describe how legal and copyright issues affect animation production.
- Demonstrate effective communication techniques for animation production.
- Work as part of a team, to produce an animated short.
- Complete a major individual animation project, with the option to specialise in one or more areas of animation production.