For Employers: Diploma of Interactive Design
Graduates of the Diploma of Interactive Design course are skilled designers for the interactive and web design industries and have a level of digital design skills that make them work-ready for employment.
Graduates are able to:
- Generate and develop ideas fulfilling design briefs.
- Design and produce static websites to a commercial standard and competently prepare designs for web development workflow.
- Produce to a commercial standard, audio and video content for web and interactive projects.
- Compress and optimise video and audio assets for a wide range of interactive applications.
- Design and produce an interactive project (e.g. websites, CD/DVD-ROMs, kiosks, installations) incorporating interactive and animated components using vector animation tools.
- Create a story and characters (with graphic, video and audio assets) for interactive games.
- Design and produce an interactive project to a commercial standard
These graduates also designed and produced an interactive project, and took part in a workshop where they demonstrated a clear understanding of copyright issues pertaining to web and interactive design.
Examples of employment gained by graduates
- Richard Harris - Interactive Designer, Websites Made Easy
- Chanelle Powley-Doreen - assistant designer, Cube
- Jamie Canard - creating e-learning tools for a multimedia company