Introduction to After Effects Online
After Effects is a powerful application used to create motion graphics and visual effects for film, video, broadcast graphics and music videos. This course will teach you how to create sophisticated motion graphics using text and object animation, compositing videos and images and adding audio effects. You’ll learn basic animation of shapes and layers, work with keyframes, effects and layer options, 3D layers, cameras & rendering, and colour grading & enhancing footage. The course will also teach you about track mattes and keying, motion tracking and stabilisation, time remapping, image sequences and playing with particles. Phew!
Learn at your own pace, with plenty of support through our online forums.
You’ll need to have basic computer skills on a PC or MAC as well as Adobe After Effects software – a free, one-month trial can be downloaded from Adobe. You can also subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud which gives you monthly access to the complete Creative Suite.
1. Understand basic animation principals
2. Create a simple animation using puppet tools and motion paths
3. Create a simple title sequence using effects, blending modes and animation
4. Create a simple animation in 3D space
5. Identify video errors and use colour correction tools to repair
6. Use animated masks as garbage mattes to prepare a green or blue screen clip for keying
7. Use track mattes to create transparency effects in layer combinations
8. Use motion tracking to add objects into footage / create composites
9. Use time remapping to alter speed of footage