Introduction to 3D Modelling Online
If you love concept design, character art, or just visualising your ideas in 3D space then this is for you! During this course, we’ll introduce you to the MAYA interface and you’ll learn about modelling with primitives, using reference images, modelling terrain and organic & hard surface modelling techniques. You’ll also cover differences between high and low polygon modelling, animating a camera, basic rendering set up and importing and exporting 3D models.
Learn at your own pace with plenty of support through our online forums.
You’ll need to have basic computer skills on a PC or MAC as well as Autodesk Maya software. A free, three-year trial of MAYA can be downloaded from the Autodesk site. You can also join the Autodesk Education Community which gives you free access to MAYA for as long as you’re learning.
1. Set up a basic project file in Maya
2. Build basic models using polygons
3. Build a model using references
4. Understand how to use UV mapping and Auto unwrap tools
5. Model terrain and generate topology
6. Build a high resolution model
7. Understand how to use UV and Texture baking to transfer detail
8. Animate a basic camera
9. Setup basic lighting for your 3D model
10. Create a render of an animated camera/video fly through of your model