This programme is totally new. Designed to meet the latest industry demands, it provides an excellent starting point for students looking to study further in the fields of Graphic Design & Web Development.
Ever thought about how everything you see on a screen is really a bunch of zeroes and ones? Turning those into something beautiful and user-friendly is the craft of the designer. With this programme, you’ll take your first steps towards becoming one, learning how to use graphic design to produce websites, software, and user interfaces.
You’ll get a taste of all the major components of graphic design and web development over the exciting 40 weeks of the programme. You’ll be working on in-depth projects that will go into your portfolio, preparing you for further study or a great entry-level job.
Upon graduating this course, you’ll receive the NZ Diploma in Digital Media and Design (Level 5).
For International Students, please read our application process page
- Qualification NZQA Level 5
- Length 43 weeks - Full Time
Course available in
Auckland / Wellington / Christchurch
This is an entry-level programme. However, we’ll still need to be sure that you’re ready to take it on. You’ll need NCEA Level 3 with at least one subject in a relevant field, or some examples of your work demonstrating skills in web and graphic design, which will be assessed by the Graphic Design Head of Department.
Haven’t got those? Don’t sweat, we have a great range of foundation courses available that can get you up to speed. Students completing our Level 3 iCreate programme gain automatic entry to this course.
If English isn’t your first language, you’ll need an IELTS 5.5 Academic (no subtests lower than 5.0) or equivalent. Alternatively, sit our free Online English Placement Test. Contact us for more details.
You’ll study four 10-week modules, and complete an in-depth assessment for each.
- Module 1: Design Foundation – gain core skills that are a must for any designer. Learn about current industry processes so you can fit right in to the workplace.
- Module 2: Web Design – find out how to make a functional, responsive website that displays on both tablet and smartphone using Wordpress, and basic HTML and CSS.
- Module 3: Graphic Design – get the skills to create a wide range of professionally-crafted documents for digital display.
- Module 4: Interface Design – study the way humans and technology interact. Learn to build a user interface that is functional and intuitive.
Assessment: Each module will be assessed by a project, completed using industry-standard processes. You’ll build a strong portfolio using the work you submit to show the development of your own personal style.
All students will need to have over 80% attendance to pass the programme.
- PC or Apple computers
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Sublime Text 3
- 5 September - 7 July 2017
- 27 Feb 2017 - 15 Dec 2017
- 8 May 2017 - 23 Mar 2018
- 24 Jul 2017 - 8 Jun 2018
- 9 Oct 2017 - 24 Aug 2018
- 5 September 2016 - 7 July 2017
- 27 Feb 2017 15 Dec 2017
- 8 May 2017 23 Mar 2018
- 9 Oct 2017 24 Aug 2018
- 27 Feb 2017 15 Dec 2017
- 24 Jul 2017 8 Jun 2018
- Domestic Students: $7,866.28
- International Students: $18,950 + $1,000 resource fee
Programme fees subject to change.
Some of these costs might vary depending on the brand you buy and your individual needs. Best to have a chat with your tutor before you go shopping!
Items provided by ACG Yoobee:
- 1 visual diary
- Software manuals
- 300 print credits
- Monthly internet quota
Essential items to purchase:
- USB 3.0 External HDD (1TB or more) - $120
- SDHC card (class 10) – approx. $40
Other stuff you might need:
- Android or iOS smartphone – will be helpful for website testing
- Extra print credits – up to $80 (if you exceed provided quota)
- Sundry stationery – up to $100