Ready to innovate, experiment and pursue your own creative projects? Looking to broaden your skills as a visual communicator? You’ve come to the right place! The Diploma of Digital Media (Advanced) will build on your already epic education and experience, so that you can step your career up a notch.
Push the boundaries of digital design. Extend your existing technical skills and learn how to develop your ideas, all in a supportive, creative studio environment. You’ll get to create some amazing work, and you’ll graduate with a cutting-edge portfolio that showcases your talent. Stand out from the rest with this Level 7 diploma.
*For international students, please read our application process page.
Ready for the best 35 weeks ever? This legendary programme will fast track your career and unlock your potential. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the highlights.
- Studio – the main module of the course, your studio work includes foundation studies, group projects, and best of all, industry projects, where you’ll get to complete two projects for real clients. That’s right folks, real clients.
- Professional Practice – crucial preparation for employment.
- Design History – explore major design movements, figures and icons of twentieth-century design.
- Art History – immerse yourself in the world of art and discover the major artists and their work.
Where could this take you?
Whether you want to work in print, motion graphics or interactive media, this digital media programme will spark up your career. It’s high intensity, hands on, and it’s your launchpad to the ultimate digital design career.
IN-HOUSE DESIGNER– keen on corporates? Become a graphic designer in the creative department of a bank, insurance company or retail business.
ADVERTISING GRAPHIC DESIGNER - make your mark in the ad world, working your magic on creative advertising campaigns.
STUDIO GRAPHIC DESIGNER – cut your teeth in a small studio. You’ll get to work on jobs from start to finish and polish all your graphic design skills.
MAC OPERATOR – specialise in print and use your technical skills for the pre-press process.
Student Work and Success
Danish creative Iona Brinch has been drawing and painting ever since she could hold a pencil – and since watching Lord of the Rings at the age of 11 she has longed to visit New Zealand. When she got the chance to head Down Under on a working holiday a few years back she jumped at it. And it was a decision that turned out to be metamorphic.
After successfully completing her Diploma of Digital Media Advanced at Yoobee, Iona got snapped up by Weta Workshop as a 3D sculptor/digital modeller. She’s now making a living out of doing what she loves best. That’s what we call a dream come true. http://www.ionabrinch.com/
In order to gain entry into this diploma, you need to have graduated from a Yoobee Level 6 diploma such as the Diploma in Creative Digital Design or the Diploma in Web and UX Design. Otherwise, you will need to have your portfolio assessed by the Head of Faculty.
You’ll need to provide an application letter (written in your own words and in English) that covers the following:
- A brief introduction of yourself
- Your academic/work background
- Your software skills
- Your reasons for wanting to enrol in this programme
- Your future aspirations in this field.
If English isn't your first language, you'll need an IELTS score of 6.0 Academic (no subtests lower than 5.5) or equivalent.
You will need to provide a portfolio of original creative works containing 7–10 examples that demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of design, created digitally using the Adobe Creative Suite.
Any portfolio submitted for a Level 7 diploma must be of the following industry-level standard:
- Each piece of creative work must be clearly labelled with the intention of the piece and a brief description.
- We expect the portfolio to be provided in a PDF format.
- All work provided must be original and your own work. Where group work is shown, you must detail your involvement in the project.
You may also be assigned a simple design task that will show us your current level of proficiency in digital design.
Studio – the main module of the course. It comprises three phases, each containing multiple briefs:
Foundation studies – learn design skills to enhance your research, conceptual and communication abilities
Group projects – work in teams to solve three briefs
Industry projects – complete two projects for real clients
Professional Practice – prepares you for employment
Design History – explore major design movements, figures and icons of twentieth-century design
Art history – discover the major artists and their work, art movements and other topics of discussion in art
Course content is subject to change to ensure continued industry relevance.
- 23 July 2018 - 5 July 2019
Domestic Students: $8,080.60
International students: $18,950 + $1,600 resource fee
Course fees subject to change.
For some items the cost will vary depending on the brand of item purchased or on the student’s individual needs. Students are encouraged to discuss the items, especially recommended textbooks, with their tutor before purchasing.
Items provided by ACG Yoobee
- 1 visual diary 10000 print credits Monthly internet quota
Essential items to purchase
- Passcard and/or key – up to $30 (refundable deposit)
- External hard drive 250GB (at least) – up to $200
- Special card, paper and sundry art supplies – up to $300
Additional items students may need or wish to purchase
These may vary depending on your needs and area of specialisation.
- Headphones – up to $60
- Storage media (CD/DVDs) – up to $180
- Extra print credits – up to $200 (if you exceed provided quota)
- Extra internet quota – up to $200 (if you exceed provided quota)
- Recommended texts – up to $700
- Replacement key – approx. $10
- Mouse – up to $120
- Keyboard – up to $80 Laptop stand – up to $125
- Wacom drawing tablet and pen – up to $500
- Software manuals – up to $150
- Additional visual diaries – up to $100
- Portfolio or presentation folder – up to $200
- Additional stationery, art supplies or printing costs – up to $500
- Apple computers
- Digital cameras
The students will have access to the following industry standard software.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe After Effects
- Autodesk Maya
- Final Cut Pro
- NewTek LightWave 3D