How to Apply

Application Process

Applying to study with us is easy!

  1. Download and complete the International enrolment form, and email us along with supporting documents and samples of your work OR
  2. Apply through an International student agent

Any questions, just contact the International team.

Once you have been accepted for the study, we will send you an 'Offer of Place'. You can use to apply for a student visa from Immigration New Zealand. You'll need to pay the tuition fees in full before you will be granted your visa. Once that's been issued, you can finish off the enrollment process.

Entry requirement

You must be 17 or older, and you need to provide evidence of skills and interests relevant to the course you want to take. If English isn’t your first language, you also have to meet our English language requirement.

English Language Requirement

  • Certificate in Creative Media - IELTS 5.5 Academic (no subtests lower than 5.0) or equivalence
  • Diploma in Animation & Digital Video – IELTS 5.5 Academic (no subtests lower than 5.0) or equivalence
  • Other Diplomas (level 6 or 7) - IELTS 6.0 Academic (no subtests lower than 5.5) or equivalence

Medical and Travel Insurance

International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while in New Zealand.

Study and Work in New Zealand

Information on study and work in New Zealand can be viewed at the Immigration NZ Study Work website.

If you’ve completed an Yoobee qualification (eg. a level 5 and 6 qualification, or a level 7 qualification) you could be eligible to apply for a post-study work visa.

Student Fee Protection

The New Zealand Qualifications Authority requires Private Training Establishments to provide security for the repayment of prepaid fees in the event courses are terminated early. Accordingly, in the event a course is terminated and alternative tuition services are not provided, the student is entitled to a refund of prepaid student fees pro rate for the balance of the course based upon the number of full weeks required to complete the course. All student fees paid in advance are held in a trust account managed by the Public Trust. Information on this can be viewed at:

International Student Refund Policy

Yoobee School of Design has policies and procedures relating to refunds as required by the Education Act 1989.

Grievance Procedures

If you ever feel unhappy about certain aspects of your studies the first thing you should do is talk to the International staff on campus, your tutor or the Head of Department. We’re here to help! If you feel the issues have not been addressed, you can go through a formal process.