“Take an iconic Wellington landmark and add a twist of either dystopian, galactic, apocalyptic, medieval or fantasy realm elements (or all of the above!) to transform it into something out of this world! There are no limitations as to how much “twist” you add to your work.”
- Can be in either digital or traditional form.
- The size of the artwork can be any size.
- Only one final piece per student is allowed to be submitted.
- The submitted work must be exported and sent in either PDF or jpeg form.
- Along with your final piece, you must write a blurb describing your masterpiece and the story behind it.
- All work will receive feedback from one of our Wellington-based staff!
- Any student from any school in New Zealand can enter this competition, it is not limited to the Wellington region.
- 1st Prize: Wacom Intuos Tablet, $200 Gordon Harris voucher and a scholarship place on October Holiday Programme 2019.
- 2nd Prize: $100 Gordon Harris voucher, Animator’s Survival Kit book and a scholarship place on October Holiday Programme 2019.
- 3rd Prize: Scholarship place on October Holiday Programme 2019.
Terms and conditions
- To have a successful entry in this competition, you must comply with all of the statements made in the brief, terms and conditions and specifications.
- This competition is strictly open to students who are attending secondary school as a student.
- The submitted work cannot be plagiarised, explicit or illegal in terms of content involved or implied. Any work submitted that is considered to be featuring the mentioned discrepancies will not be judged or given feedback.
- Regardless of placing, the student will receive feedback from one of our Wellington based tutors by email. This will be given at least one working week after the end of the competition.
- Entries are judged by Wellington based staff and tutors collectively.
- Entries must be submitted by the 23rd of September 2019 at 12pm. Entries past this time will not be considered for placing.
- Results will be announced on the 25th September on our Yoobee Colleges Facebook page.
- All prizes will be sent by mail or can be picked up if able to do so, logistics surrounding this will be discussed with the successful applicant.