Mad about modelling? Want to dip your toes into the world of modelling game assets? In this course you’ll create a model and take it through all the steps needed to get it ready for a game engine, without losing the detail of a high resolution model. You’ll cover modelling techniques, UV mapping, sculpting, normal maps, texture maps, lighting, and rendering and export for game engines.
Learn at your own pace, with plenty of support through our online forums.
You’ll need to have basic computer skills on a PC or MAC as well as Autodesk Maya and Adobe Photoshop. A three-year free trial of MAYA can be downloaded from the Autodesk site. You can also join the Autodesk Education Community which gives you free access to MAYA for as long as you’re learning. A free, one-month trial of Photoshop can be downloaded from Adobe.
1. Set up a project in Maya including references
2. Build a basic model from existing references (flea)
3. Understand how to UV map a 3D model
4. Create a high resolution version of your 3D model using the Sculpt Geometry tool
5. Create a normal map for a low resolution 3D model
6. Apply textures using UV Mapping and the 3D Paint tool
7. Understand basic lighting for 3D models
8. Render a 3D model ready for game and 3D industries
|Start Date||End Date||Days/Times of Attendance|
|1 January 2018||31 December 2018||Self-paced, start at any time.|
Fees for this course are $199.00
Course fees subject to change