Fascinated by facial animation? Learn the tricks of the trade including analysing and storyboarding facial expressions, lip movement and vocal syncing, planning facial movement and animating lips, eyes and brows to achieve different expressions. We’ll also cover loading a rig, rig controls, animating to audio, using the graph editor and creating realistic movement. Basically everything you need to know to get you started with facial animation using MAYA!
Learn at your own pace, with plenty of support through our online forums.
You’ll need to have basic computer skills on a PC or MAC as well as Autodesk Maya software. A free, three-year trial of MAYA can be downloaded from the Autodesk site. You can also join the Autodesk Education Community which gives you free access to MAYA for as long as you’re learning.
1. Understand basic animation principals
2. Understand how to open and use animation rigs within Maya to a basic level
3. Create an expressive facial pose
4. Understand lip sync and create a storyboard using basic lip movements
5. Create an animated lip sync / reaction
6. Storyboard eyebrows and eyes
7. Understand how to use the graph editor to a basic level
8. Create a basic facial animation
|Start Date||End Date||Days/Times of Attendance|
|1 January 2018||31 December 2018||Self-paced, start at any time.|
Fees for this course are $199.00
Course fees subject to change