Student Support

We want you to get the most out of your Yoobee Colleges experience! From arranging accommodation to meeting you on your first day and giving practical advice, our friendly, approachable team will support you and make sure you feel part of the Yoobee family.

International Student Support Staff

Each Yoobee Colleges campus has a dedicated International Student Support Officer to assist international students and advocate on their behalf. Based at our Auckland campus, an IAA-licensed immigration adviser can also advise you on New Zealand immigration matters while you are here.



If you would like to stay in a homestay or student accommodation available in some cities, please indicate this during the admissions process so we can arrange it for you. During your stay our International Student Support Officers can assist with your own or your arranged accommodation, if you need it.

Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students

Yoobee Colleges has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. The Code of Practice is available in other languages here.


Check out for information relating to all immigration matters, and for easy-to-read advice on working while studying in New Zealand. Remember to apply for your visa with enough time to have it processed before your course starts. You may not commence your programme of study until you have the correct visa allowing you to do so.

Health and Insurances

Eligibility for Health Services

Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services in New Zealand. If you need medical treatment while you’re here, you may be liable for the full cost. Find out more about entitlements to publicly funded health services at: Ministry of Health

Accident Insurance

The Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Go to the ACC website for more information.

Medical and Accident Insurance

International students are required by the conditions of their student visa and by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students to have appropriate and comprehensive medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand. We recommend the Southern Cross International Student Insurance policy, and can arrange cover for you for the duration of your visa. For more details, check out Southern Cross. Yoobee Colleges staff may assist with making claims or pointing you in the right direction for seeking medical treatment in New Zealand.

Working in New Zealand

All Yoobee Colleges campuses have an employment adviser who delivers employment skills workshops, assists you with creating a Kiwi-style CV and can use connections with the design industry to discuss job availability with you. Student support staff can assist with getting an IRD (New Zealand tax) number. Many students start off working part-time in non-design jobs during their studies until they have the skills needed for design work. Advanced students may find themselves stepping straight into design industry work while studying. Key advantages for making this happen include having a fantastic portfolio or showreel, and good English communication skills.

Interested in kicking off your career?

Our brochure explores everything you need to know including an outline of study options, key information about enrolment, and all our campuses spread around New Zealand.

New Zealand is currently at Alert Level 4 in response to COVID-19. This means all our campuses are shut to students until further notice. We have invested in digital tools in order to stream the delivery of all of our programs and we foresee minimal disruption to our current and future students. Delivery of streamed online classes have already begun. Please go to our parent company, UP Education for further information including the tertiary student information bulletin from the Ministry of Education.